 De: Gilzad Hamuni <gilli4 gmx net>
Para: vala-list gnome org
Enviado: Viernes, 21 de septiembre, 2012 10:33:38
Asunto: Re: [Vala] Rv: C to Vala

If I understand correctly, that approach requires an intermediate bytecode either from Java or from .NET to
finally create sourcecode.

Alas, in the OP's case the best we can get would be native machine code (being different for x64, i386, arm,
etc) so the parser wouldn't be able to stick to one static 'syntax', even if it would support Vala as an
output.

I'm guessing here, but: If it's possible to automatically generate vapi's out of g-object-based libraries,
then a similar tool might be able to create vala-code out of g-object-based sourcecode. But I'm really just
guessing here, not knowing anything about the effort behind it.
At least the need for such a tool (that turns C-code into Vala just before C-code is generated again) proves
that vala is a favourable language :)

Interesting though that XMLVM can create Objective-C-code.

Gilzad

-------- Original-Nachricht --------