Re: [Vala] Gtk menus

Jiří Zárevúcky wrote:
There is a difference between problem with a library (e.g. "How do I
create a window with GTK?") and with it's bindings (e.g. "How do I use
this method in Vala? It keeps segfaulting. Aren't the bindings buggy?")
Ah, thanks for the explanation. Sorry, it just seemed rather similar.

IMO, GTK+ mailing list is the …
Just an off-topic question/observation: do they have a way to post via
forum? I'm curious why so many programming forums love mailing lists,
and how they maintain such large audiences that way when it seems to
require a decidated email address for each one (well, not all the time,
but often enough). I have an idea. Have someone start an email service
that works more like a forum site. Basically, it would display it all
like a set of forums. You probably wouldn't want to use it as much for
personal email, as that would create a million different forums. Anyway,
just a random thought.

Just as a side note:

From your post, it didn't really seem that you know what you're looking
for. … There is some sort of question-posting etiquette
written down somewhere (not sure where I read it though), one of the
points being something like "always make everyone know you already did
your research and what you found out …
Ah, sorry about that. That is good to keep in mind, for sure.

Anyway, I hope you don't think something bad about me. It's not that
your post annoyed me or something. It seemed that way but no, not
really. Though it did strike me as something that doesn't really belong
here.
It's all right. :) Thanks for clarifying that for me, as it gives me a
high opinion of you that you can say that after I went off on who knows
what for so long, even if I tried to be objective. Sorry. I shouldn't
have done that.