Re: [Vala] Gtk menus

Mark Dewey píše v Čt 03. 12. 2009 v 06:17 -0700:
Jiří Zárevúcky wrote:
Just read the GTK manual, please. This is a Vala (not GTK) mailing list.
If you are wondering, you can use any tutorial for C, since binding into
Vala is very straightforward and you shouldn't have problems with
figuring out the names once you see one or two of them.

Ah, we're not supposed to discuss specific bindings to Vala? That's
fine, if true, though I do want to know if it's true (although the Vala
answers really are a tad different sometimes, and I would think it
should be appropriate in those cases—it doesn't happen particularly
often, though, and probably not in this case either). I'll try to find a
forum or something for Gtk, I guess (but this really isn't the only
place I've posted).

It's OK to discuss bindings. For example when something is missing in
them, or something doesn't behave as expected, or when you don't know
how to use them.
However, when you ask about how to do something in Gtk, it isn't really
related to bindings. You just don't know how to use the library.

Btw: Library documentation is really the first place to look for
answers. So first, you can read through
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/stable/GtkMenu.html and possibly some
related pages. Then, you navigate to valadoc and make sure you can use
the methods correctly in Vala. No big deal, no need to ask questions. :)
Remember that most people have more important things to spend their time
doing than solving other people's trivial problems. (not me,
obviously :))