Re: [Utopia] Re: [Gnome-Power-Devel] power mgmt in GNOME; requirements?

On Tue, 2005-04-19 at 17:30 -0400, Daniel Gryniewicz wrote:
> Some people (notably me) close the lid because they're carying their
> laptop to another place (say, desk to conference room), and would be
> quite put out if something went and suspended it for them.

Me too - it drives me *wild* when my girlfriends WinXP does this -
disconnecting my IM and email and stopping anything that's processing -
but she says she likes it this way - I think it's personal preference.

>   I see no
> reason to automatically suspend just because the lid is closed,
> especially when Windows doesn't do that out of the box.  I have no
> problem with it being an option, but only if it's turned off by default.

Defaults can be argued later, but I do think that this should be easily
configurable.

Thanks, Richard