Re: [Usability] [Ayatana] GNOME Main Menu and the Distribution Logo

On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 10:30:33 +0800
Allan Caeg <allancaeg gmail com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 10:02 PM, Karl Goetz <karl kgoetz id au>
> wrote:
>
> > "About gnome" under 'System' is the only place I can see an obvious
> > gnome reference on my desktop (2.22 provided by Debian). Is there
> > anything else they can remove? The foot in the corner is what
> > started this debate after all :)
> > kk
> >

> Hello Karl,
>
> I think, what Stormy is referring to is the branding's visibility on
> the panel (without having to open a menu or something). I believe

Ah, ok. So not directly referring to what I had said.

> that it's important to see the branding all the time except if an
> application is on fullscreen mode, because GNOME distributors will
> find a way to make their brands visible so we might as well set a
> good standard upstream.

I find this argument a bit strange. That aside though, perhaps this is
more of a general topic than what started this thread; it seems that
way to me.
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)