Re: [Usability] [Ayatana] GNOME Main Menu and the Distribution Logo

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 17:17:38 +0800
Allan Caeg <allancaeg gmail com> wrote:

(I assume most of the ccs are actually subscribed to one of the lists,
but i wasn't game to trim it. could someone else have a go?)

> I believe that branding should be present whenever the GNOME Panel is
> present, but it shouldn't be welded to "Applications" on the Main Menu

I'm wondering about the next line:

> applet. Branding is just that important for a default GNOME setup.

Who is branding important to? the desktop? the user? the distributor?

Why do you feel its so important?

> > On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 4:46 PM, Allan Caeg <allancaeg gmail com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Sounds reasonable.
> >>
> >> Distro guys, what do you think?

Agreed.