Re: [Usability] [Ayatana] GNOME Main Menu and the Distribution Logo

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 10:05 PM, Ian Bentley <ian bentley gmail com> wrote:
I see no problem in removing it, except that in the "main menu" version of the menu, what would go there instead?  Just the words "Main Menu"

idb

Hello Ian,

Thanks for this. I just noticed that I referred to the Menu Bar applet as "Main Menu." The Main Menu applet is actually the one that appears only as the distro icon.

For the "Main Menu version" of it, the distro logo actually makes sense. It's simply like the Windows 7 start menu, just rendered differently. The branding here opens the whole menu and isn't stitched or welded to "Applications" only.

Regards,
Allan
http://live.gnome.org/AllanCaeg