[Usability] New dialog for handling file conflicts in Nautilus - UI review request
- From: Cosimo Cecchi <cosimoc gnome org>
- To: Nautilus Mailing List <nautilus-list gnome org>, usability gnome org
- Subject: [Usability] New dialog for handling file conflicts in Nautilus - UI review request
- Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 23:03:44 +0200
I wrote a dialog to improve the way Nautilus behaves when there's a
conflict between two files in a file operation.
Here you can find some screenshots:
The basic ideas are two:
- display more information about the conflicting files in the operation
- offer the choice to rename the destination to avoid the conflict.
I decided to hide the rename entry under an expander, to keep the UI
more polished and to avoid potential confusion to the user.
Also, clicking on the "Apply this action to all files" checkbox makes
the whole expander insensitive, as the only actions that make sense in
that case are "Skip" and "Replace/Merge".
What do you think? Any improvements/suggestions are welcomed!
] [Thread Prev