Re: [Usability] New dialog for handling file conflicts in Nautilus - UI review request

On Wed, 2008-04-23 at 23:03 +0200, Cosimo Cecchi wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I wrote a dialog to improve the way Nautilus behaves when there's a
> conflict between two files in a file operation.
> Here you can find some screenshots:
>
> http://www.lilik.it/~anarki/media/my/gnome/file-conflict.png
> http://www.lilik.it/~anarki/media/my/gnome/file-conflict-rename.png

  [snip]

> What do you think? Any improvements/suggestions are welcomed!

I remember this coming up a long time ago, and there being a difficult
time reaching a consensus, but this seems to fit the ideal requirements
of just about every response I could remember.

I'd only think of two suggestions:

1) Consider moving 'skip' to the outside and making it the default
option. It might be better to do nothing in the case of a 'yeah yeah
whatever' user reaction than to loose a file.

2) Consider (somehow) fitting in the full path name of the source and
destination. When copying directories recursively or running more than
one operation at a time, it'd be helpful to know /precisely/ which
main.c is going to be replaced. :)