Re: [Usability] Reasoning behind default panel setup?

> So is there anyone having a comment on the proposed default layout of
> the panel?
>
> http://www.djst.org/files/gnomepanel/

I like the idea of having only one panel.  That is what I use, though
I prefer it to be on top for a couple reasons:

1.  I use an LCD screen and the raised/lowered buttons in the task
switcher are harder to distinguish on the bottom.

2.  My cursor is more often at the top of the screen for the
application's toolbar, min/max/close buttons, and file menu.

As to the layout, I use something similar, but not exactly the same.
Mine goes like this:

[gnome menu][show desktop][task switcher][___][notification area][volume][clock]

A default might also add the browser and email applications between
gnome menu and show desktop.  I removed the trash icon because I don't
really use it that often.  I just added a bookmark in nautilus for
quick access.

Dave