Re: [Usability] Printer icon in panel notification area

On Tue, 2005-03-29 at 12:56 +0100, Calum Benson wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-03-28 at 18:49, Bryan Clark wrote:
>
> > It sticks around for your session and has a right click remove if you
> > don't want it there.  If it removed itself from the notfication area
> > you'd have no way (or we'd have to invent something) to get to the print
> > job list window.
>
> Hmm, inventing something sounds like the preferable option to me... a
> status icon should only at best only provide a secondary way of
> accessing a relevant window, IMHO.
>
> (JDS already has such an invention, FWIW, and NLD does too I think...)

Yeah, I think we talked about adding something, however we had some
trouble figuring the best place for it to exist.  Usually when you're
not sure where and item should live, it results in your users not sure
where they can find it.  It's not that the invention would have been a
bad thing to have around, but we wanted to try for a directly related
method to getting to it.  *shrug*

~ Bryan