Re: [Usability] Printer icon in panel notification area

On Mon, 2005-03-28 at 13:34 -0400, Steven Garrity wrote:
> What is the rationale for the printer icon sticking around (faded out)
> in the panel notification area?
>
> Should it not disappear when it's done?

(I'm assuming this is eggcups you're talking about)

It sticks around for your session and has a right click remove if you
don't want it there.  If it removed itself from the notfication area
you'd have no way (or we'd have to invent something) to get to the print
job list window.

If every app and it's brother wasn't trying to sit in the notification
area as well it would probably look less cluttered than it does to most
people now.

Cheers,
~ Bryan