Re: [Usability] Printer icon in panel notification area

On Mon, 2005-03-28 at 18:49, Bryan Clark wrote:

> It sticks around for your session and has a right click remove if you
> don't want it there.  If it removed itself from the notfication area
> you'd have no way (or we'd have to invent something) to get to the print
> job list window.

Hmm, inventing something sounds like the preferable option to me... a
status icon should only at best only provide a secondary way of
accessing a relevant window, IMHO.

(JDS already has such an invention, FWIW, and NLD does too I think...)

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Group