Re: [Usability] Sound Juicer 2 mockup comments

On Tue, 2005-01-04 at 19:21 +0100, Samuel Abels wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-01-04 at 18:07 +0000, Ross Burton wrote:
> > My old £80 Technics CD
> > player remembered where you were in a disk if pressed Stop.  It's very
> > useful: I stop it when I go shopping and when I get back hitting Play
> > continues it as if I hadn't gone away.
>
> That's unusual. Also, I do not feel that labeling the "Pause" button
> "Stop" is an improvement. It doesn't add extra functionality, pause does
> exist on players where "Stop" is "Pause and go back".

Stop and pause have a very clear distinction to me.  Stop seeks the
start of the track (or sometimes the album) you were playing and pause
does not (both of course stop playing music).

Saying that, after using Rhythmbox for some time now, I don't really
miss the stop button, the Play/Pause switching is acceptable, the only
thing that annoys me is when I want to start the track from the
beginning and clicking on the |< button plays the previous track.

--
Regards,
Martyn