Re: [Usability] Sound Juicer 2 mockup comments

On Tue, 2005-01-04 at 15:37 +0000, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> And there's no stop button in Totem, and I don't think there should be
> one in sound-juicer as a player. What would be the use?

The main use would be that it is closer to what people already know from
the real world.

> - Stop the CD spinning, but in pause it would stop spinning as well (or
> at least it should)

I do not know what the behavior would be, but if this makes it stop
spinning, it still needs to play immediately when you press play again
(that's what "pause" is for, right?). So that is probably not completely
possible, there will always be a difference between "Pause" and "Stop".

> - Paranoia before exiting the application (you never know...)

Well, you usually want to use that if you plan on listening on later and
hold the window up. I move away from my PC, so press "Stop". I come back
to my PC so press "Play" again - of course, it shouldn't start in the
midst of a song in that case.

> - Paranoia before ejecting the CD (just in case!)

You certainly would not eject the CD when you want "Stop" instead, so
Stop is not important as an eject button. But when a CD does not play,
the hardware eject needs to be unlocked.

-Samuel
|      Samuel Abels       |   http://www.debain.org    |
| spam ad debain dod org  | knipknap ad jabber dod org |