[Usability] Sound Juicer 2 mockup comments

Hi,

Before I get bogged down in the details of coding "Sound Juicer 2", I
thought I'd best run the design past the usability team first.

This is the current mockup of the main interface:

http://www.burtonini.com/computing/screenshots/sj2-mockup-main-2.png

I purposely copied the Totem interface style (button wise) so that the
two applications are visually similar.

At the top there are the disc title and artist labels.  Then there is a
listview of the tracks, showing the number/name/artist/duration of each.
Next there is a location bar showing the current position in the song
(if playing), and then the buttons (Previous / Play / Next / Edit / Copy
| Volume).  I was planning on having the play button double as a pause
button, but I understand the HIG advises against this.

Currently SJ displays a dialog when it is copying a CD -- it would be
possible to replace it in this design with the "copying" icon in the
list view (see track 4), and the time slider possibly showing in-track
progress.

I'll obviously need a set of decent icons to replace the stock "convert"
icon at some point, which isn't suitable for SJ.

The editor window is rather scary and I'm leaving that for now...

Comments?

Ross
                                          jabber: ross burtonini com
                                     www: http://www.burtonini.com./