Re: [Usability] Sound Juicer 2 mockup comments

On Tue, 2005-01-04 at 16:52 +0100, Samuel Abels wrote:
> > - Stop the CD spinning, but in pause it would stop spinning as well
> > (or at least it should)

> I do not know what the behavior would be, but if this makes it stop
> spinning, it still needs to play immediately when you press play again
> (that's what "pause" is for, right?). So that is probably not completely
> possible, there will always be a difference between "Pause" and "Stop".

A CD-ROM can spin up fast enough to read audio sectors pretty fast, you
probably won't really notice.

> > - Paranoia before exiting the application (you never know...)
>
> Well, you usually want to use that if you plan on listening on later and
> hold the window up. I move away from my PC, so press "Stop". I come back
> to my PC so press "Play" again - of course, it shouldn't start in the
> midst of a song in that case.

That is what most CD players do these days.  My old £80 Technics CD
player remembered where you were in a disk if pressed Stop.  It's very
useful: I stop it when I go shopping and when I get back hitting Play
continues it as if I hadn't gone away.

> > - Paranoia before ejecting the CD (just in case!)
>
> You certainly would not eject the CD when you want "Stop" instead, so
> Stop is not important as an eject button. But when a CD does not play,
> the hardware eject needs to be unlocked.

Pressing the Eject or Pause button in the interface will unlock the
drive, and of course Eject would also eject the disk.

Ross
                                          jabber: ross burtonini com
                                     www: http://www.burtonini.com./