Re: [Usability] Interacting with open folders

Am Sonntag, den 13.02.2005, 20:23 +0100 schrieb Reinout van Schouwen:
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2005, Maurizio Colucci wrote:
>
> > talking about modifying the menu? The actions in the "edit" menu act on the
> > SELECTED files. So all we need is a way to allow the user to SELECT the
> > container, in addition to the content. Then the current menu would work
> > unmodified.
>
> Don't you think it would be useful if File > Properties would open the
> properties of the currently open folder when no files are selected?

I proposed it and came up with a patch last may, it was rejected [1].
Calumn stated in a follow-up that a background context menu item that
allows display of the open folder's properties would be convenient. I
remember that I wanted to provide a patch for this as well, but a
prerequisite patch that unselects selected folders on clicking the
background was rejected as well. Don't remember details; anyhow,
nowadays Nautilus behaves how I suggested, so I could try to provide
another patch for the properties background thingie.

[1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/nautilus-list/2004-May/msg00018.html

--
Christian Neumair <chris gnome-de org>