Re: [Usability] Re: Suggestion for the actual UI of GTK+'s New FileSelector

Hello Sean, good morning!

Em Sex, 2004-01-09 às 18:02, Sean Middleditch escreveu:

> Opinions are always welcome.  :)

Thanks

> Sorry, I'm not sure I understand what the was supposed to mean.  ^^;

Sorry, me too... I My opinion is not good :-p

> My point is, merely, that it isn't the file selector's job to take the
> place of Nautilus, or any other file manager.  When you Open a file, you
> never need to create a new folder.  Ever.  If you want to make folders,
> delete files, move stuff around, etc. you should do that in a file
> manager, not a dialog box for opening files.  The only thing you need to
> open a file is a way to browse your system and pick the file.  The only
> thing a dialog box for opening files should do is let you open files.
> Thus, the only thing a dialog box for opening files is a way to browse
> your system and select a file.

Yes... I think this in last week end... You are correct :-)

> If Nautilus is too slow on your system, so slow that you have to use a
> dialog box to take its place, you may want to investigate the problem.
> I've run GNOME2 on 400MHZ machines before (my old workstation I had for
> 2 years was a PII 400), and Nautilus worked just fine.  Also, there are
> alternatives to Nautilus, such as Velocity, which may work better for
> your hardware.  You should try to solve the real problem (that being
> that your file manager is too slow) instead of trying to get a mini-file
> manager embedded in a common dialog box that isn't related to the
> management of files.

Yes, perfect! gnome-terminal cool :-)

> Sorry if I sounded harsh in my original email.  It's been a stressful
> few days.  My full apologies if I've offended you.

Ok, grateful for the enlightening email !

It forgives not to write very, my English is very weak

The reason of I to enter in this list is because I thought that nothing
I was being made the respect of this, but ja vi that is!

Now, before leaving the list, I only wanted to know when these new
windows will be available for the end user...

Very thanks, Brazilian Regards for all!

--
Abraços,

Tiago Cruz