Re: [Usability]Feedback on GNOME 2

On Tue, 2002-10-08 at 14:26, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > Please, dont give up on gnome ;) Redhat does not give a very accurate
> > representation of Gnome 2.0
>
> Dude, it's GNOME, plus a new set of themes, and a bunch of stuff that's
> going into 2.2.
>
> I reckon it rocks (I happen to be a Debian user, but I've added Bluecurve to
> GARNOME and use it every day because it's so good).

Yes it does. I was using the excellent Gentoo ebuilds before and now
switched to Red Hat 8. It's exactly the same, just more polished, more
"sexy" :) and more reliable. I changed the panel layout to GNOME default
(panel menu at the top), but everything else is still the original Red
Hat settings.
As far as news coverage is concerned, I can't remember that there was
ever a Linux distribution release that was as exciting as Psyche and
most people seem to be satisfied so far (some are disappointed of
course, especially those who already expected a Windows XP/ Mac OS X
killer).

Daniel