Re: [Usability]Why Desktop Icons?
- From: Tuomas Kuosmanen <tigert ximian com>
- To: Ettore Perazzoli <ettore ximian com>
- Cc: Seth Nickell <snickell stanford edu>, cs131fak ieng9 ucsd edu, Mike McKee <mikenews hotmail com>, Gnome Usability <usability gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [Usability]Why Desktop Icons?
- Date: 25 Mar 2002 14:38:01 +0200
On Fri, 2002-03-22 at 01:30, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
On Thu, 2002-03-21 at 18:19, Seth Nickell wrote:
> Create a new panel, add to panel->Utility->Menu Bar.
> It wasn't ready to replace the foobar for GNOME 2.0. We'll probably try
> to use it for GNOME 2.2.
Hmm, it still sucks, as it's a menu item, and not a toggle button.
Also, it doesn't seem to work at all for me.
You can make a toggle button very easily btw..
Create a new launcher and make it run
sawfish-client -f iconify-workspace-windows
and give it a suitable icon, like gnome-ccdesktop.png
We could very well create this on the default panel, in the same spot
where windows has it (even the icon has the same metaphor)
Works fine, except that it is a pain to get the windows back.. (does it
work as a toggle in windows btw?) I myself found it easier to just
switch to an empty spare virtual desktop to de-clutter the screen.
:: :: Tuomas Kuosmanen :: Art Director, Ximian :: ::
:: :: tigert ximian com :: www.ximian.com :: ::
] [Thread Prev