Re: [Usability]Why Desktop Icons?

It's still an ugly hack.

I remember the Amiga Workbench let you have your desktop in a proper
window (resizable with a dragbar etc) instead of on the screen background.
That would be a solution I could be happy with. It wouldn't be much
different from just having a window with your home directory, except those
little vendor-supplied icons (and the trashcan) would have somewhere
special to go.

/M