Re: [Usability]Why Desktop Icons?
- From: Ettore Perazzoli <ettore ximian com>
- To: Seth Nickell <snickell stanford edu>
- Cc: cs131fak ieng9 ucsd edu, Mike McKee <mikenews hotmail com>, Gnome Usability <usability gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [Usability]Why Desktop Icons?
- Date: 21 Mar 2002 12:33:34 -0500
Sweet. How do I turn it on and why isn't it on by default?
On Thu, 2002-03-21 at 07:51, Seth Nickell wrote:
> The menubar panel applet has this too.
> On Tue, 2002-03-19 at 11:53, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
> > On Tue, 2002-03-19 at 14:34, Mikael G Claesson wrote:
> > > One crazy idea I had was a key combination that you could hold down to
> > > make all windows go away temporarily (until you release the keys) so that
> > > you can reach the desktop icons immediately. But yeah, that would be an
> > > ugly hack. Although I'd prefer it to the current situation.
> > On KDE they have a toggle button in the panel that you can use to
> > temporarily hide all the windows. It comes really handy, and Windows
> > has something like that too.
] [Thread Prev