Re: Comments on dialog proposal

At 6:28 PM -0400 9/5/01, Brian Crescimanno wrote:
I definately prefer "close" to either "dismiss" or "go away."  I agree
that "go away" has kind of a laid back feel to it, but it would start to
get annoying after a while.

What if, perhaps, the button said "I'm done" rather than just done.
That implies to the user "I'm done with this window" which suggests that
the window will subsequently go away.

Using first-person in an interface is dangerous; who is "I" in this case? Is it the computer, or the user?

I think labeling an action button with a verb describing what will happen when it is pressed is the best route, so I prefer "Close".

Adam