Re: [Usability] My take on Nautilus must-fix proposal

On 26Oct2001 12:57AM (-0400), Luis Villa wrote:

> Not to target you specifically, maciej, but the admitted release of a
> /slower/ 1.0.5 did not give me confidence that this was in fact the
> highest priority. Hearing that it is in fact the highest priority is
> reassuring.

I think you are exagerating a bit. Right before the 1.0.5 release,
Seth noticed that the cvs code was slightly slower than 1.0.4 on some
systems (on others it was equivalent or a fair bit faster - we're not
sure what makes the difference). However, before 1.0.5 was released,
these problems were mostly fixed. 1.0.5 is a tiny bit slower to start
up on some systems, and a fair bit faster on others.

Regards,

Maciej

P.S. Is everyone on the usability list these days? And paying
attention? How far we have come from the days of "take it to
gnome-gui-list"...