Re: [Usability] My take on Nautilus must-fix proposal

On Wed, 2001-10-24 at 19:03, Adam Elman wrote:
> Folks --
>
> At the GUP meeting a week ago, I promised to write up my take on the
> Nautilus must-fix list and suggest which issues I think should be
[snip]

Is the speed issue on the must-fix list?  Something like a server mode
and/or tabbed file browsing (like web browsing in galeon) might go a
long way to improve the perceived speed of nautilus.

Also, if you think of the way people copy files in a GUI environment,
oftentimes they open two windows: source directory and destination.
They then drag-and-drop the file to be moved/copied.  With a tabbed
interface, you could open the two directories in tabs, highlight the
files in the source directory and then select "Send to
'destination-directory'".

Just a thought,

  --Alex