Re: [Usability] My take on Nautilus must-fix proposal

On Thu, 25 Oct 2001, Seth Nickell wrote:

> > Not to target you specifically, maciej, but the admitted release of a
> > /slower/ 1.0.5 did not give me confidence that this was in fact the
> > highest priority. Hearing that it is in fact the highest priority is
> > reassuring.
>
> Actually, 1.0.5 is slower on some machines and faster on others wrt
> 1.0.4. The performance characteristics changed a lot from 1.0.4 to
> 1.0.5. On my laptop 1.0.5 is a significant improvement, on my desktop
> its slightly slower. *shrug*

1.0.5 was substantially faster on my machine.  :)  Still needs a lot of
improvement, though.

name:    Jamin Philip Gray
email:   jgray writeme com
icq:     1361499
aim:     jamingray47
web:     http://DoLinux.dyn.dhs.org

Let us go, through certain half-deserted streets,
The muttering retreats
Of restless nights in one-night cheap hotels
And sawdust restaurants with oyster-shells:
Streets that follow like a tedious argument
Of insidious intent
To lead you to an overwhelming question...
Oh, do not ask, "What is it?"
                -- T.S. Eliot, "Love song of J. Alfred Prufrock"