Re: [Tracker] Merging the indexer-split branch to TRUNK
- From: Martyn Russell <martyn imendio com>
- To: Michael Biebl <mbiebl gmail com>
- Cc: Tracker-List <tracker-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [Tracker] Merging the indexer-split branch to TRUNK
- Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 13:49:32 +0100
Michael Biebl wrote:
2008/9/25 Martyn Russell <martyn imendio com>:
Jamie McCracken wrote:
ok lets just have a shell script that deletes old stuff (which is not
called by Makefile) and put a note in the README file on how to upgrade
Really, this is not necessary. It is only old binary files and old
application data which is causing the problem here. It isn't *user* data
at all. Removing this stuff when we install is perfectly fine.
Let the user decide, but don't delete stuff in the system directory
This doesn't happen during compilation, it happens during the install
process and the user might not know about about the choice in the first
place, all they see is it doesn't work.
This data is data we installed previously for the user. It is data we
would *uninstall* if the user ran make uninstall before they did svn up.
] [Thread Prev