Re: [Tracker] Merging the indexer-split branch to TRUNK
- From: "Michael Biebl" <mbiebl gmail com>
- To: "Martyn Russell" <martyn imendio com>
- Cc: Tracker-List <tracker-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [Tracker] Merging the indexer-split branch to TRUNK
- Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 14:42:57 +0200
2008/9/25 Martyn Russell <martyn imendio com>:
Jamie McCracken wrote:
ok lets just have a shell script that deletes old stuff (which is not
called by Makefile) and put a note in the README file on how to upgrade
Really, this is not necessary. It is only old binary files and old
application data which is causing the problem here. It isn't *user* data
at all. Removing this stuff when we install is perfectly fine.
Let the user decide, but don't delete stuff in the system directory
I've never seen such a brain-dead behaviour before, sorry to say that
in such a harsh tone.
Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the
universe are pointed away from Earth?
] [Thread Prev