Re: [Snowy] Piston updates

On Sat, Sep 5, 2009 at 8:33 AM, Sandy
Armstrong<sanfordarmstrong gmail com> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 5, 2009 at 8:13 AM, Benoit
> Garret<benoit garret_gnome gadz org> wrote:
>> Another quick question: I'm testing snowy, which means
>> enabling/disabling the Tomboy plugin and re-authenticating frequently.
>> But some of my notes are uploaded to snowy with empty contents. I
>
> I just noticed this today, too, for the first time.  :-/  It seems to
> have happened to several of my notes.  I'm going to do more testing.
>
>> suspect Tomboy thinks the note is not changed and thus does not upload
>> it because the content gets uploaded as soon as I modify the note. I
>> looked in the Tomboy source code but couldn't find where the per-note
>> last-sync-revision is stored. Could you tell me where to find it or
>> how to reset the sync revisions?
>
> I don't think that's relevant.  Tomboy is pushing (or Snowy is
> incorrectly storing) empty notes on the first sync before there is any
> sync rev info.
>
> The first thing I'm going to do is to determine if it's the same notes
> every time.  Then I'll take a look at the PUT requests Tomboy's making
> on the first sync.  By the way, modifying the notes and doing another
> sync seems to work.

I just looked into this again, and I think I've got it.  In a Tomboy
method (NoteConvert.ToNoteInfo), we do some parsing of the content
area of Tomboy to extract version information and the content without
the title.  But it turns out that some Tomboy notes will say
version="", and my regular expression assumed that if the version
attribute was there, it would actually have a value assigned.  Fixing
this seems to have fixed the problem.

To confirm, look at the *.note files for the notes that show up blank,
and if they have <note-content version="" in them, then that's the
problem.

Fix should be pushed soon.

Sandy