Re: [Snowy] Piston updates

On Sat, Sep 5, 2009 at 8:13 AM, Benoit
Garret<benoit garret_gnome gadz org> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 5, 2009 at 4:52 PM, Sandy
> Armstrong<sanfordarmstrong gmail com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Sep 5, 2009 at 3:19 AM, Benoit
>> Garret<benoit garret_gnome gadz org> wrote:
>>> I grabbed the latest snowy and piston and tested with both Tomboy
>>> 0.15.5 (latest ubuntu karmic version compatible with snowy, the latest
>>> ones introduce an API change) and the Tomdroid branch. I couldn't find
>>> any problem but I may very well have overlooked something, so can
>>> someone tell me what were the problems that led to the revert of the
>>> commit and what am I missing here to reproduce the problem?
>>
>> When you say "latest piston", do you mean whatever's in hg, or the
>> latest release?
>
> I mean whatever is in bitbucket, the latest commit is 191
> (3f26163fad0f). I did this the dirty way, checking out the hg branch
> and manually copying the piston directory into the lib directory in
> snowy before doing the initial setup.

I just tested 191 and agree it's working fine.  By the way, the way I
like to do it is to just delete snowy/lib/piston, and install piston
from hg.

I have a local branch with some unit tests, and I'll try that against
piston 191 and try to get it all pushed.

> Another quick question: I'm testing snowy, which means
> enabling/disabling the Tomboy plugin and re-authenticating frequently.
> But some of my notes are uploaded to snowy with empty contents. I

I just noticed this today, too, for the first time.  :-/  It seems to
have happened to several of my notes.  I'm going to do more testing.

> suspect Tomboy thinks the note is not changed and thus does not upload
> it because the content gets uploaded as soon as I modify the note. I
> looked in the Tomboy source code but couldn't find where the per-note
> last-sync-revision is stored. Could you tell me where to find it or
> how to reset the sync revisions?

I don't think that's relevant.  Tomboy is pushing (or Snowy is
incorrectly storing) empty notes on the first sync before there is any
sync rev info.

The first thing I'm going to do is to determine if it's the same notes
every time.  Then I'll take a look at the PUT requests Tomboy's making
on the first sync.  By the way, modifying the notes and doing another
sync seems to work.

Thanks,
Sandy