Re: [Snowy] Piston updates

On Sat, Sep 5, 2009 at 3:19 AM, Benoit
Garret<benoit garret_gnome gadz org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I noticed an attempt was made to update piston but was later reverted
> because it broke the synchronization with Tomboy. This bothers me a
> little bit because I still have to patch snowy to play nice with
> Tomdroid every time I get a fresh copy (the real problem here is that
> I frequently forget to apply the patches. Ensues confusion, a useless
> debugging session, you get the idea ;-) ).
>
> I grabbed the latest snowy and piston and tested with both Tomboy
> 0.15.5 (latest ubuntu karmic version compatible with snowy, the latest
> ones introduce an API change) and the Tomdroid branch. I couldn't find
> any problem but I may very well have overlooked something, so can
> someone tell me what were the problems that led to the revert of the
> commit and what am I missing here to reproduce the problem?

Thanks for looking into this, Benoit.  I plan to update us to either
the latest piston release or whatever's in hg this weekend.  Also, I
intend to review and apply Rodrigo's patches (which are already in the
Karmic package), and update Snowy to support the new API.  The idea is
to have this all settled before Monday's release (the last developer
release before Tomboy 1.0).

When you say "latest piston", do you mean whatever's in hg, or the
latest release?

By the way, I believe the problem with our last attempt to upgrade
piston was that that authenticated PUT was broken, but I'll have to
retest and grep logs to be sure.

Thanks,
Sandy