Re: Sawfish 1.8.0 and Fedora

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 09:25:24PM +0100, Jan Kasprzak wrote:

> Is anybody interested in Sawfish for Fedora? For many years I have been
> packaging Sawfish Fedora RPMs for myself. For 1.8.0, I have put my packages
> at http://www.fi.muni.cz/~kas/sawfish/ - feel free to download it.
> I will try to put the packages into Fedora itself.
>
> 	Alternatively, it would be possible to add the .spec files
> to the source tarballs themselves (for sawfish, librep, and rep-gtk).

AFAIK Kim B. Heino was for a while adding spec changes to git so I
would think that such files are already there although I did not
look at the latest version.

Also sawfish, librep and rep-gtk rpms were for some time available
at http://b.bbbs.net/sawfish/ even if this URL does not seem to be
valid anymore.

> The only problem is that the .spec files contain the version number,

On number of occasions you can find .spec.in and a configuration
writes from that a suitable specific spec.  Other approaches are
possible too.

Much more serious challenge would be to investigate how to make
sawfish at least "reasonable" in an upcoming Fedora 15.  With
radical changes there this may turn out to be difficult.

   Michal