Re: Shrinking Vertical Size of Window

Am 11.06.2011 20:12, schrieb Alan McConnell:
On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 07:44:21AM +0200, Andrea Vettorello wrote:
On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 10:12 PM, Alan McConnell<alan patriot net>  wrote:

              Let me shoot for the following goal:  I'd like to
              place my mouse somewhere _inside_ the window, then
              press on Meta(same as ESC, for sawfish as for Emacs,
              right?) and then, pressing on e.g. Button1, be able
              to drag the window around.  If I can do this, then
              I can get to the bottom of the window by shoving it
              upward.

              Andrea, and probably many others, can give me the
              exact instructions on how to do this.  And that will
              be my "Hello, World" moment in sawfish configuration!

The function you need to bind is "Move window interactively", the key
should be "M-Button1-Click" (without quotes) and you should add it to
the window context.
       I did exactly that.  As proof, see the Attached .png, which
       seems to be the same as yours, at least as far as the "Move
       window interactively" goes.

Try W instead of M, (W-Button1-Click), also when Iceweasel is a maximized window, you *can't* move it (unless you change the behaviour for that).

If that's the case use the command "Resize window interactively" instead of "Maximize window interactively".