Re: [merge request] Tab rework

On Tuesday 15 February 2011 06:33:54 Teika Kazura wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 03:29:23 +0100, fuchur wrote:
> > Maybe we [make keybinding configurable] in Styletab dialog?
>
> It's great. But to be honest, it may not be slick enough today because
> configurator shows all commands. I don't think people move around the
> tabbar so often, either. Anyway the patch is there, so it's good to
> merge it.

... once we use GTK+3 SawfishConfig will switch to GtkTreeView (current
GtkTree/GtkClist is dropped from GTK+), which allows to type "n" and then
jumps to the first string with "[nN]" at the beginning (just as you are used
from file-managers) - that will improve things a bit.

I guess that's why they removed so many options/commands from SawfishConfig as
Sawfish was the GNOME WM... (to avoid confused users I heard ;)

> And fuchur, could you write the git log for your patches? Basically I
> think (I'm sure Chris does, too) most of, if not all, your patches are
> acceptable, so they'll soon get commited when you send them to the
> ML. It'll help Chris a lot, and usually authors's own description is
> best. (You say your English isn't good, but I've never had difficulty
> understanding what you say, in regard to grammar. Often yours is
> easier than "correct" English. :)
>
> Some bugs:
> * style change needs restart again.

That's the second issue caused by your commit (except ~/.sawfish/custom thing).

> * I don't understand frame type button well.
>   1. Does the docstring "with resize" mean "resized appropriately?"
>      If so, it's what users expect, so it can be dropped.
>   2. What's the difference between transient and ordinary? And/or what's
>      the biggest gain of toggling transient state?

They can have different set of buttons.

>   3. It may be better to define these commands in wm/, because they're
>      not limited to StyleTab.

That is right. Moving them is just a minor.

Chris