Re: [merge request] Tab rework

Hi,

On Tue, 15 Feb 2011 14:33:54 +0900 (JST)
wrote Teika Kazura <teika lavabit com>:

>It's great. But to be honest, it may not be slick enough today because
>configurator shows all commands. I don't think people move around the
>tabbar so often, either. Anyway the patch is there, so it's good to
>merge it.

Your keybindings for the icon are ok. Now we can also move the tabbar
with the keyboard. We don't need the patch. I'am to fast here.

>And fuchur, could you write the git log for your patches?
Should i use a other format for the changelog?

>* I don't understand frame type button well.
>  1. Does the docstring "with resize" mean "resized appropriately?"
>     If so, it's what users expect, so it can be dropped.
>  2. What's the difference between transient and ordinary? And/or what's
>     the biggest gain of toggling transient state?

The idea from the frame button is, to switch to ANY frame with resize.
Test it with different frametype and left <-> right click.
Next example if you switch from the menubutton from default to unframed
frame-type, sawfish only remove the frame my framebutton/keybindings
also resize the window. Test it with the new keybindings "Set frame ...
with resize" an you should understand what's the different to sawfish's
type switch.

>  3. It may be better to define these commands in wm/, because they're
>     not limited to StyleTab.
That would be the best solution.

--
Regards,
Fuchur

GPG Fingerprint: CA3B 8204 5B3E 6D48 6D53  C116 E5BC 70D5 B8D7 B2B0