Re: Renaming 'grow, pack, shrink & yank'?

Hi, Daniel.

On Mon, 04 Jan 2010 23:13:45 -0800, D M German wrote:
> Thinking aloud... why can't we divide the viewport into workspaces? So
> instead of each workspace expected to be at least as small as the
> viewport, why not have the ability to divide the screen into workspaces,
> and apply operations such as maximization/tiling/etc at workspace level?

You like more tiling features. I see. (Technically speaking, workspace
of Sawfish seems to be attached to the notion of 'large desktop' in
ewmh[1], so it is difficult to call yours as 'workspace', but I
understand your intuitive image. )

[1] http://standards.freedesktop.org/wm-spec/wm-spec-1.4.html

On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 23:19:16 -0800, dmg wrote:
> And also allow workspace to overlap and have different sizes.

Yeah, it'd be nice to call such thing, or 'sheet' as workspace. But
it's quite difficult to implement. Ah, next several years' Santa? ;)

I don't like to say this kinda things, but it might be worth to
try tiling WM's, perhaps by any chance possibly hardly can't help
weeping.

Teika (Teika kazura)