Re: Renaming 'grow, pack, shrink & yank'?

 Teika> n Mon, 4 Jan 2010 23:19:16 -0800, dmg wrote:
 >> And also allow workspace to overlap and have different sizes.

 Teika> Yeah, it'd be nice to call such thing, or 'sheet' as workspace. But
 Teika> it's quite difficult to implement. Ah, next several years' Santa? ;)

 Teika> I don't like to say this kinda things, but it might be worth to
 Teika> try tiling WM's, perhaps by any chance possibly hardly can't help
 Teika> weeping.

I guess I am coming back to the idea of quads.

When I started to work on it I was using mainly my desktop (which had 3
displays, and now 4, but uses OS X--I run a lot of X11 apps,
nonetheless).

I discovered I like to have the windows I am working on in the middle
screen, in certain area, and I want to swap them with other regions.
That is where the idea of the quads started: you define areas in the
mega-screen space.

So yes, I need to think in terms of window operations at the quad level
rather than the viewport space.  (not within sawfish, but within the
quad module).

Mm, it really requires some thought...

p.s. Last year I had to travel and used mostly my laptop/tablet and my
problems were more tablet related, than positioning window, and stopped
working on quads. As I said before, i need to get latest sawfish running
on my desktop again...

Daniel M. German
http://turingmachine.org/
http://silvernegative.com/