Re: Renaming 'grow, pack, shrink & yank'?

Hi.

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 12:01:29 +0200, Timo Korvola wrote:
> Tiling is done with objects of identical shape (or a couple of different
> shapes, e.g., in semiregular tilings) and filling the area completely.

I understand what you mean, but the word "tiling window manager" seems
accepted, and it's not restricted to the identical pieces. I guess
(I've never tried them ;) it means the entire screen is sectioned into
windows without overlapping, or if there ares overlaps, it is done is
some smart way.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiling_window_manager

> at least to one with a math background

Eh, math has nothing to do with WM. Otherwise, "kernel module" needs a
mapping and a ring, and "network topology" an open set system.
# Anyway only finite computers are connected.

Teika (Teika kazura)