Re: [VOTE] Moving to SF.net?

First of all, this is not a must-have, if you decide to not move, then
we won't.

Am Dienstag, den 29.09.2009, 16:28 +0900 schrieb Teika Kazura:
> Hi.
>
> 1. We should stick to the current ML, since many silent readers are
> there. We've seen many times they sometimes pop out, and do tremendous
> contributions. By changing ML, we're likely to cut off, or at least
> reduce much this potential.

Hmm you're right here, but wouldn't it be possible to auto-subscribe
everyone who's here to the new one (if one)? I think that should be
doable.

> 2. One good thing Gnome has is translation. This must be difficult to
> get elsewhere. At least in this point we need contact with Gnome,
> rather than saying final farewell.

Sawfish is in `Others' section and since 2007 only 3 translations have
been modified. So I won't count that as benefit, since the time MetaCity
got the default GNOME-WM.

> 3.
> On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 19:43:09 +0200, GSR - FR wrote:
> > That you will win about adding accounts,
>
> True.
>
> On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 22:09:41 +0200, GSR - FR wrote:
> > is really needed to move everything? Maybe only just git (and bugs?)
> > should move [...]
>
> I think so too. I see account issue. Chris, you don't like current
> bugzilla? How?
>
> For me, the Gnome bugzilla is slow, but transition labor to other
> bug-tracking hosts terrifies me more than to stay.

Well, transistion is maybe not needed, most (60%) are plans John had,
30% are invalid/closed/fixed meanwhile and the other 10% are mostly
feature-requests and a very few bugreports. And if we use BZ it should
be possible to "simply" copy the librep/rep-gtk/sawfish entries from the
old to the new DB, though Christian Kirbach or someone would have to do
that, as we don't have access to BGOs DB.

> 4. Github vs Gitorious
> I have only two-day experience in gitorious, but it seems to me that
> github has far more help pages than gitorious. I chose gitorious
> because I like to de-centralize. Today github is so popular. (So I
> hate google, though it's the only search engine I use.)
>
> じゃ (Japanese: bye. pronunciation: jar in English is ok.)
> Teika (Teika kazura)

You may ask why?

- GNOME has dropped Sawfish for a very long time and does not support it
in any way anymore (We only have those GIT/BugZilla-Acc/ML as every
project on their server got them, those 3 translations (of which 2 are
outdated again) don't really make a difference) -- This is the major
reason, to leave the "old world" behind and life on our own.

- Sawfish is currently split:

ML/GIT/BZ: GNOME
Downloads: SF
HP: Wikia

I've thought it would be better to have everything in one place. About
the Wiki: shouldn't it be possible to install MediaWiki (or whatever)
on, say, sawfish.tuxfamily.org and simply copy the content of
sawfish.wikia.com to it? I guess that would be the easiest.

Well as I said it's YOUR decision.

Regards,