Re: Requirements in release

Hi,

On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 10:08:15 +0200, Christopher Roy Bratusek wrote:
>> competition between release earliness and quality, and the solution
>> depends.
>
> Well one month Featurefreeze should be enough to concentrate on better
> quality

I noticed that one reason is the communication problem. I'd believed
that the 1.5 release is judged by the feature, because once it was
decided so. So I didn't know there's a/the deadline. ;)

Now I know there's the deadline for 1.6.

> new features in sawfish are normally not that ugly, "just"
> need rework (tabs, infinite-desktop(I'll take care of this one)).

It's a matter of taste, and as you may already know, I don't prefer
premature feature release. Anyway, the release is already done.

I'll do another post on infinite-desktop.

> What about a monthly meeting @ the IRC? Just to talk about thoughts,
> ideas, blah?

It's a good idea. If folks participate, then let us do so.  But I'm a
bit problematic. I'm a really slow correspondent, already in this ML.
And I've never used irc. In fact, I've tried irc a few times (including
today), but it's too awkward for me. If it's me that's most relevant,
let me use e-mail or ML.

Anyway, preparation is necessary. I think most important are top
items on each's agenda, and how do you think of the current status,
from the viewpoint of the next release. Any other?

> In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?
Oh, oh :) Windows is roughly =twm, contrary to its name.

Teika (Teika kazura)