Re: Build librep error: autoheader: warning: missing template: XXXXXXXXX

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 10:27:19PM +1100, Allan Duncan wrote:

> I follow what you are saying in general, but I have a problem with what
> I feed into "rpmbuild -ba librep.spec" ?

That and only that.  If this does not work that means that this spec
file is not correct, or complete, or whatever ...  A better check is
if 'rpmbuild --rebuild <whatever>.src.rpm' actually rebuilds. It is
much healthier if you can do that in different environments although
you may put togother something some distribution specific.

> All I have in the svn is
> librep.spec.in, and to turn that into librep.spec is to run the
> autogen.sh.

Somebody checked that into svn but this not really quarantee that
what you found there is ok.  You may have corrections to contribute.

> I've tried so many variations I ended up confused, so I
> re-ran a set from scratch:
> To get a librep.spec file, to the svn-2974 I added, from librep.0.17.2,
> install-sh
> config.sub
> config.guess
> ltmain.sh (this wasn't needed to get librep.spec, but there were error
>             messages about not finding it)

"Bare" repository sources quite often not enough to make them into
a package but if you are running autogen.sh then all these should be
added to your build environment "automagically".

> I no longer get the message about libtool version 2.2.2 vs 2.2.6, but the
> rpmbuild dies with this _interesting_ set of errors:
>
> /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link --tag=CC gcc  -o repdoc repdoc.o -lgdbm
> ../libtool: line 827: X--mode=link: command not found
> ../libtool: line 827: X--tag=CC: command not found

No idea from where you got this "X".  Clearly something was not
expanded properly and is messing things up.  Error messages are
correct though.  The trouble is that all these autotools consists
of multilevel scripts, makefiles and so on and you have carefuly
track that back to find out what is wrong.  'libtool' is a shell
script though so running it with '/bin/sh -x ...' may give you quite
a bit of information.

> ../libtool: line 2408: Xrepdoc: command not found

You seem to be prepending "X" all over the place.  Are you sure that
this is not a slip of a finger?  It appears that this should be an
empty string instead.

   Michal