Re: [NEWS] Sawfish has tabbing support (finally

Am Samstag, den 07.02.2009, 13:34 +0100 schrieb Andrea Vettorello:
> On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 10:01 PM, Christopher Roy Bratusek
> <zanghar freenet de> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > @Andrea: Any news on --restart option/sawfish-ui issues you said you
> > would have a look at? -No need to hurry.
> >

> I've a couple of ideas to fix the sawfish-ui: one is to make the
> communication channel persistent between sessions (i.e. if the server
> is restarted it keeps using the same socket) the other is using a two
> way communication channel, so if the server is restarted, a message is
> sent to the sawfish-ui to use the new socket or establishing a new
> one. Sadly I haven't written a single line of code yet.

I would prefer a persistent channel. Other apps/daemons are using that,
too, without causing errors on restart of themselves (GConf2, ORBit2,
DBus).

While you're at it: There's one more issue: if sawfish is not running
and sawfish-ui beeing started, it puts an error message to stderr, if
you set the error-handler to "both", than it *should* also be displayed
on the desktop, but that is a message, which everytime should be
displayed on both display and stderr.