Re: [NEWS] Sawfish has tabbing support (finally

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 10:01 PM, Christopher Roy Bratusek
<zanghar freenet de> wrote:

[...]

> @Andrea: Any news on --restart option/sawfish-ui issues you said you
> would have a look at? -No need to hurry.

I've a couple of ideas to fix the sawfish-ui: one is to make the
communication channel persistent between sessions (i.e. if the server
is restarted it keeps using the same socket) the other is using a two
way communication channel, so if the server is restarted, a message is
sent to the sawfish-ui to use the new socket or establishing a new
one. Sadly I haven't written a single line of code yet.

I would like a clean solution as I've described above, but if we opt
to simply kill the running sawfish-ui instance, I think it will take
half an hour to write...

--
Andrea