Re: [NEWS] XF86 checks are back / fixed several build issues

Christopher Roy Bratusek <zanghar freenet de> writes:
> ... so what else should I do than shipping install-sh ... I could check
> if /usr/share/libtool/config/install-sh exists and copy it into $srcdir,
> if there isn't one ...

Not all systems have install-sh in this location.  Other than on linux
systems,  add-on software usually gets installed in /usr/local/.

Running a program that aborts isn't really a good idea either.

Checking in install-sh seems the best of a bunch of bad choices.
That was the way one use to do it before this automake nightmare
came along.

Cheers,
Mark