Re: [NEWS] XF86 checks are back / fixed several build issues

Christopher Roy Bratusek <zanghar freenet de> writes:
> Am Dienstag, den 03.02.2009, 10:33 -0700 schrieb Michal Jaegermann:
>> And that may get you if it will turn out that this particular
>> install-sh is not liked by autotools versions you happen to be
>> running.

I don't think such dislike is very likely to emerge as the
requirements for install-sh should be rather static: it is just a
stand-in for /usr/bin/install.  Including install-sh in SVN should be
safe enough.

> autoreconf does _not_ create install-sh on my system

Hm, indeed it does not seem to.  Probably because we are not using
automake.

> and automake -a -c does exit with error code 1, since there's no
> Makefile.am.

So it does.  It creates install-sh nevertheless.

--
	Timo Korvola		<URL:http://www.iki.fi/tkorvola>