Re: Fwd: Warp-Pointer on newly opened windows

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 11:54 PM, GSR - FR <famrom infernal-iceberg com> wrote:

[...]

> I understand what it tries (focus or not new windows, and that is what
> people complain about, focusing "wrong" cases and not focusing "right"
> cases). What I want to know is how it decides when to focus, or at
> least based in what info it takes the decission (if there is no fixed
> rule about "how").

I'm not aware of all the details, with Gnome I know that timestamps
are used (like in the post Timo mentioned) and it needs the
startup-notification to work.

I've found "how-to-get-focus-righ.txtt" (
http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/metacity/branches/gnome-2-22/doc/how-to-get-focus-right.txt?revision=3561&view=markup
) on the Metacity documentation that should draw guidelines and the
corresponding Gnome bugs it tries to address.

--
Andrea