Re: Fwd: Warp-Pointer on newly opened windows

Hi,
andrea vettorello gmail com (2008-06-17 at 2337.45 +0200):
> > I keep on hearing about "focus stealing prevention" in other window
> > managers, any idea how that works? Well, the principle behind it,
> > because too many times what I hear is that it does not work (no idea
> > if the principle is wrong, or the code is buggy... that is what I am
> > getting every time I search, instead of something explaining it in
> > general terms, "so you can implement it in your wm").
> IIRC, when an application opens a window (for example a dialog) it
> should be put behind the current active window if the active window
> has received focus before the new window appeared, but don't quote me
> on this as I can't find the relevant Metacity bug report/discussion...

I understand what it tries (focus or not new windows, and that is what
people complain about, focusing "wrong" cases and not focusing "right"
cases). What I want to know is how it decides when to focus, or at
least based in what info it takes the decission (if there is no fixed
rule about "how").

GSR