Re: patch testing

Scott Scriven said:     (by the date of Thu, 24 Jul 2008 12:54:40 -0600)

> I guess I'm just looking for the best approach.

Right - I forgot about this issue when writing those instructions.
I hope we will find a good way for this and improve the instructions.

In fact, what I'm doing here is to create a new user, login as that
user on a text console (say: ctrl-alt-F2) then do: `startx -- :2`

Then I can switch between my current session, and testing session
with ctrl-alt-F7 and ctrl-alt-F8

that way there's no troubles with ~/.sawfish/ because I'm a different
user there.

> Anyway, I hope to provide a howto and some scripts for running
> sawfish in a sandbox for easier testing.

that will be extremely useful, thanks!