Re: display workspace when cycling...

Daniel M German said:     (by the date of Tue, 05 Aug 2008 02:50:39 -0700)

> Hi everybody,
>
> any suggestions on how it can be better implemented? I don't really
> mind if it gets rejected (I am currently using it and I am happy to
> keep patching my code) but I presume others like me don't like to
> momentarily switch workspace when cycling as it gets
> annoying/disturbing.

oh, it's not going to be rejected so quickly!

The first thing you should do is to address all concerns raised:

1. "Switch temporarily to the workspace where the window is"
(cycle-switch-workspaces) option alone on sawfish-ui has no effect
unless is coupled with "Include windows on all workspaces when
cycling." (cycle-all-workspaces).

2. don't break cycle-show-window-names cycling mode

3. anything I missed? Daniel - please look into older emails and check that.

When you are done, I'm sure that Andrea, GSR and others won't think
twice before voting to approve your patch. And that should be enough
to commit it.